Computer and Cyber Crime Professional
Howest solves the problem of there being too few cybersecurity specialists.
SnapChat, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Yahoo! … just a small selection of companies which recently dealt with cybercrime. Never has the demand for security specialists been so great.
As a Computer & Cyber Crime Professional you are trained in state-of-the-art cybersecurity, cybercrime and cyberwarfare technologies. You are skilled in both the attacking and defensive aspects of cybercrime and it goes without saying that legislation is also discussed.
You will learn to think as an attacker but furthermore you will be enabled to test the security of your own systems based on newly learned techniques and tools. Do not wait for someone else to discover the weak link in your defence instead look for it yourself!
Be in control of your data! Learn how to protect systems and networks from all kinds of outsider threats. Have data been leaked … no worries, seeing you are also adept at protecting your data through cryptography.
Good knowledge of the relevant laws is of course essential for a cybercrime specialist. In addition to your practical skills, you will also be able to coordinate security within your organization thanks to your thorough knowledge of security issues, security and risk assessment, security frameworks, …
!New in this course!
Practical Reverse Engineering & Malware Analysis: Learn all about analysing the latest viruses and malware. This subject goes beyond the theory and gives you hands-on experience thanks to specially developed samples.
Do you already have a computer science degree and do you wish to specialize in cyber security? This is possible thanks to our CCCP @ home training!
**The Computer & Cyber Crime Professional programme is supported by the Cyber Security Coalition Non-profit Organisation.**
Our course @Home
Our @home courses are open to anyone who is at least 21 years old and / or work student. You choose when you want to study and our team advises you through the internet. There are also a number of lecturer – student contact sessions on campus.
Distance education is mainly organized digitally. The digital learning platform gives you access to the course material: well-written courses, with numerous digital files (exercises, examples, video recorded lessons, websites …).
!Unique in this course!
Connect from home with our specially developed training environment. Within this environment, (offensive) security techniques can be practised in a legal and safe manner on a wide range of networks and systems!
Obtaining a certification is for many people a real boost for their careers. Howest offers the possibility to include this in the training, for free or at a much-reduced price!
- The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) training is one of the most up-to-date and in-depth security training of its kind. The CEH certificate is internationally recognized as a valuable addition to Microsoft, Cisco or Linux Licenses.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security, abbreviated CCNA Security is a certification awarded by Cisco. The certificate is considered to be an indication of the level of practical network knowledge.
- For many years the VMware Certified Professional has been one of the most popular virtualization certifications for system administrators. A VCP certification validates DCV knowledge and expertise with regard to configuration, administration and scales of a virtualized data centre.
In addition you will be well prepared for the advanced Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certificates.
- The programme is spread over 3 semesters (18 months) to facilitate the combination of work and study.
- We provide two contact sessions per semester on campus (Howest Campus Rijselstraat)
- All exams take place on campus (Howest Campus Rijselstraat). When possible, @home examinations are scheduled on Saturdays.
How do you enroll
This programme allows enrolment depending on one of the following conditions:
- Credit contract:
The student has a solid basic knowledge of computer science due to previous studies or work experience.
Upon graduation, you will receive a credit certificate for the modules you have completed.
- Diploma contract: The student is already in possession of a bachelor’s degree in Applied Computer Science.
Upon graduation you will receive an additional Degree of Applied Computer Science.
Click here to enroll www.howest.be
Academic year one: S1 en S2 = 33 STP = €603.7*
Academic year two: S3 = 19 STP = €446.9*
*Cost subject to change
For the latest up-to-date information consult the Howest website
Contact Kurt Callewaert